Let’s face it. I’m a junky for Mexican food. I need stock in tacos, people. I love how each type of Mexican food is literally the same thing wrapped up just a wee bit differently. And don’t get me started on the way your fingers smell after holding a soft taco. Heaven in its purest form. 🙂
So, when I saw a friend post about a quick quesadilla recipe, I had to try! It didn’t fail. It was delicious. And I modified it just a bit to call it my own. Tonight’s Meatless Monday is quick and effective! Serve it up with a side of black beans and you have a quick and yummy dinner!
Fresh Avocado and Tomato Stuffed Quesadillas
Time: 10-15 minutes
- 4 Whole Wheat Tortillas
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Hass Avocado, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/8 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Mango salsa for dipping
- Greek Yogurt, optional for dipping
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Place one tortilla into the pan.
- Top with 1/2 each of the avocado, tomato, cilantro, and cheese. Place another tortilla on top.
- Let cook 3-4 minutes on this side to ensure the cheese becomes like glue. Carefully flip the quesadilla over (I personally lifted mine up out of the pan with a spatula and placed the pan over the top and THEN flipped in order to aleviate mess!)
- Cook another 2 minutes to brown the other side.
- Repeat with the other two shells and the remaining ingredients.
- Serve with a side of salsa, greek yogurt, and some black beans. ENJOY! 🙂