Don’t you love the fall? The smell of pumpkin and cinnamon EVERYWHERE. The weather changes. The crisp air. The longer nights. Candles glowing and a crock pot warming your home with delicious aromas. Life certainly can’t get any better than that. I swear!!!
Today I want to share with you a recipe that is super easy and super appropriate for this time of year. One of those chop and dump kind of recipes and VOILA! You have a hearty and healthy meal for the whole family without having to put in a ton of energy.
In honor of October being Vegetarian Awareness Month, I am posting a weekly Meatless Monday recipe that I would LOVE for you to try out. This week’s recipe is a Crock Pot dish, so it makes the hectic-ness of Monday seem to vanish. Let me know how you like it, what changes you made, and share this recipe with those you love. That’s my favorite part about cooking, you know. Sharing with friends, family, and those I love the most. Today, that is YOU! 🙂 ENJOY!!!
Vegetarian 3 Bean Chili
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 6-8 hours in a crock pot set to LOW
- 1 can reduced sodium black beans
- 1 can reduced sodium kidney beans
- 1 can reduced sodium pinto beans
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (I used garlic and onion to boost the flavor)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, finely chopped (seeds removed if you wish)
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Open all of the cans. Drain the juices from the 3 cans of beans before dumping all 5 cans into your crock pot.
2. Roughly chop all of the vegetables to your desired size (I prefer a little chunky) and add to the crock pot.
3. Pour vegetable broth over and add spices.
4. Stir and cover. Set on LOW for 6-8 hours.
5. I served mine with diced avocado on top for a refreshing touch, but you could consider greek yogurt, shredded cheese, or cilantro too! 🙂
The chili turns out SO hearty that you truly won’t miss meat AT ALL! 🙂 Let me know in the comments what you think!!!